Parking for the Gold Coast tour is available at the German American Heritage Center, 2nd and Gaines streets, the Scott County Bicentennial Building, 5th and Gaines streets, and along the streets in the Davenport neighborhood.
A shuttle bus will operate during tour hours.
In addition to the Dutch Colonial Korn home featured on the cover of today's section, here are other homes/buildings on the tour:
614 W. 5th St.: The John Bahls Home, circa 1864, is built in the Italianate style. It features much of its original woodwork and is being renovated to include residential and business space. Bahls was the tailor for Davenport founder Antoine LeClaire.
630 Warren St.: The Henry Dohrmann Home, circa 1870, was lived in by the same family for more than 70 years. It is a brick Italianate cottage that has many of its original features, plus some handsome Arts & Crafts updates made by its current owner.
417 W. 7th St.: The Richard Haak Home, circa 1924, was adapted as a duplex for 30 years, but it has been returned to single-family use with renovations inside and out, including a spacious and private outdoor garden/patio in the rear. The first owner was the son of one of Davenport's largest cigar manufacturers.
730-732 Gaines St.: The Christian Jipp Home and Grocery, circa 1868/1878, is a prime example of adaptive reuse. This building, No. 1 on the city's demolition list in 2004, has been restored to house the Architectural Rescue Shop, the Hamburg Historic District Resource Center and an apartment on the second floor.
730 W. 8th St.: The William Korn Home, circa 1915. (Focus of the related feature story.)
Get breaking news sent instantly to your inbox
116 E. 6th St.: The Kimball-Stevenson Home, circa 1871. This Italianate-style home is thought to have been constructed by Davenport builder Thomas McClelland. Once home to railroad, banking and industry executives, it fell on hard times during Prohibition. Restoration began in the 1980s, after it was accepted onto the National Register of Historic places. Today, it houses law offices and a residence.
712 W. 2nd St.: The German American Heritage Center, circa 1862. The oldest building on the tour was a hotel serving 19th-century immigrants and travelers.