Four new businesses have opened at SouthPark Mall in Moline.
A fifth is undergoing an expansion.
And the vacant space created after a popular restaurant closed last year soon will be occupied.
All this good news comes after a year of expanded growth on the outlots surrounding the mall with the additions of several businesses and a credit union.
“We are always pleased to offer new retailers to the community and our visitors,” said Darcy Jacks, director of marketing and business development at SouthPark and NorthPark Mall in Davenport. “We always look forward to the opportunity to fill any vacancy, either one or several stores.”
New offerings include:
- Four Feet Treats, a retailer specializing in baked doggy treats and accessories for pets. The store will be located near Chick-fil-A, where it had operated during the holiday season.
- Furnish 123, a locally owned furniture store opening near Von Maur.
- Quad-City Motion Dance Studio, which offers cheerleading and dance clinics, extreme pom aerobics, private children’s birthday parties hosted by cheerleaders, Pilates, Zumba and other cheerleading and dance classes for all ages. The studio is next to The Limited.
- Spellious Tae Kwon Do, a studio for mixed martial arts, tae kwon do and judo, which is expanding into space next to its current location. The additional space will be open July 17 in the former Shoe Sensation store, Jacks said.
- Tupperware has opened a warehouse near Sears. Customers can browse the warehouse and make purchases at a nearby kiosk.
In early May, Qdoba Mexican Grill opened in a new strip center on the north end of the mall outlot near John Deere Road. The strip center also includes Aspen Dental, a provider of denture and dental services; All About Eyes, a regional chain of eye-care facilities; and Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant.
Two years ago, three outlots were sold to Taco Bell, DHCU Community Credit Union and Kentucky Fried Chicken. Taco Bell remained in its current location on the mall’s exterior between Firestone and Arby’s but instead of leasing the space from SouthPark, it purchased the property.
Construction of the DHCU building was completed last year near Buffalo Wild Wings. And KFC built a store on the site of the former Subway restaurant on the west side of the mall parking lot.
Jacks said a new restaurant will be locating soon in the space previously occupied by Garfield’s Restaurant & Pub. It closed last May after 17 years at the mall.
While declining to say who the new tenant will be, Jacks said the new operator already owns other popular restaurants in the area. She said this one is expected to be a bit different from the others the proprietor already owns. It is expected to open in about two months.