Heart of America Group has signed seven retailers for its new Elmore Marketplace development, which will include the Moline hospitality company’s own new Holiday Inn & Suites and the launch of its new brand, The J Bar.
Here is a look at the retailer lineup, the size of each store and the closest sister store:
- Banana Republic Factory Store, 7,000 square feet. The store sells apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women, including denim, khakis, T-shirts, fashion apparel, bags, belts, jewelry, intimate apparel and personal care products for men, women, teens and children. Founded in 1978, the Grove City, Ohio-based company’s nearest stores are in Coralville, Iowa, and Peoria.
- Beauty Brands Inc., 6,500 square feet. The store provides salon and spa services from hair cuts to highlights, manicures, pedicures, facials, massage therapy and hair removal. It also sells salon brand products for women and men. “Davenport is a dynamic community, and we are excited to be part of this great city and its growth with our first location in this market,” said David Bernstein, company president. Founded in 1994, the Kansas City, Mo.-based company’s nearest stores are in Clive, Iowa, and Normal, Ill.
- Carter’s, 3,700 square feet. Carter’s is the leading brand of baby clothes, gifts and accessories in the country. Products include baby items, sleepwear, play clothes and related accessories. "We are excited to open our first store in the Quad-City area," said Sean McHugh, Carter's vice president of investor relations. The closest Carter’s is at the Tanger Outlet Mall in Williamsburg, Iowa.
- Charming Charlie, 5,000 square feet. The fashion accessories retailer has been a one-of-a-kind source of style for women since 2004. It offers a vast variety of accesories — arranged by color. The nearest store is in Peoria. The only other Iowa store is in Council Bluffs.
- DSW, 18,000 square feet. Designer Shoe Warehouse is a specialty branded footwear retailer with designer shoes for the entire family. The stores offer shoes for men and women; children's shoes are sold online. Formerly known as Wilkerson Shoe Co., it became DSW Shoe Warehouse Inc. in September 1998. Founded in 1989, the company is based in Columbus, Ohio. The nearest DSW Shoe Warehouse, a subsidiary of DSW Inc., is in Peoria.
- Lane Bryant, 4,950 square feet. The U.S. retail women’s clothing store chain focuses on plus-size clothing. It is the most recognized name in plus-size clothing.
Get breaking news sent instantly to your inbox
- Pier One, 9,500 square feet. Pier 1 Imports Inc. is a Fort Worth, Texas-based retailer specializing in imported home furnishings and décor. Its products include table-top items, decorative accessories and seasonal décor. Pier One will relocate its Davenport store.
Developer Heart of America has leased 62,150 square feet and still has 22,150 square feet available.