Nine Quad-City businesses will be honored with 2014 Small Business Excellence Awards.
The Quad-Cities Chamber of Commerce will host the awards event at 7:15 a.m. May 13 at the Rogalski Center, St. Ambrose University, Davenport.
Applicants were judged based on their display of innovation, leadership, and community involvement, as well as their history and organizational culture.
“Small businesses represent the optimism and determination within our economy, and they lead the way in job creation,” said Tara Barney, the chamber's president and CEO.
• Media Link, Inc., an advertising agency founded 12 years ago. The company also created its own advanced media buying software, Media Link Software, in 2010, and began marketing it nationally in 2011.
• Redstone Content Solutions specializes in enterprise-class software consulting, development, and support. The company began 4½ years ago in the owner’s basement, and now employs 20 people.
• Werner Restoration Services Inc., founded by Ken and Teresa Werner, is a property restoration contractor. The company has doubled in size since 2007, and celebrated 25 years in 2013.
• Estes Construction, founded in 1970 by Jim and Lori Estes, is a regional construction firm specializing in high-end custom homes and small commercial buildings including industrial, healthcare, educational and commercial facilities.
• PCT Engineered Systems, founded in 1986, is an electrical, mechanical and information system integrator that serves a global customer base. Its mission is to be the leader in innovative industrial solutions, including electron beam systems.
• Rock Valley Physical Therapy is a 30-year-old therapist-owned practice that has grown to 25 clinic locations. In the last eight years alone, the practice grew from six locations to its current size.
• Family Resources, which has served the Quad-Cities for more than 165 years, provides a safe place for women, children, and families, focusing on social services, advocacy family restoration and education. It annually serves over 30,000 clients in eastern Iowa and western Illinois.
• NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Foundation creates public awareness, promotes early detection and supports research for ovarian cancer. In the past two years, nearly 60,000 symptom cards have been distributed free to women in 27 states and 10 countries.
• Vera French Community Mental Health Center serves more than 10,000 adults and children annually, and works to enhance mental health in the community by providing quality, accessible and comprehensive care. It provides outpatient services, school-based therapy program, outreach services and programs, and housing and residential treatment.
The awards event will feature keynote speaker Kent Pilcher, president of Estes Construction. He will discuss how collective IQ and collaboration can transform your businesses and ultimately, the Quad-Cities.
Cost is $15 for chamber members, $20 for non-members. Pre-event registration is required at 563-823-2676 or QuadCitiesChamber.com.
The 2014 awards are sponsored by Management Resource Group, Northwest Bank & Trust Co., Black Hawk College, the Moline Dispatch Publishing Co., Fox 18 KLJB, Dimensional Graphics, St. Ambrose University, Giraffe Photography and Ascentra Credit Union.