Son Little's sold-out show on Monday kicked off a busy week for the Triple Crown Whiskey Bar & Raccoon Motel, 304 E. 3rd St., Davenport.
The Quad-City area's newest music venue is on track to host six shows in seven days this week, bringing in touring musicians from places such as Ohio, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee and Texas.
At the Raccoon Motel, as it's known for short, that's the norm.
Since opening March 30 at the site of the former Musicians Union Local 67 headquarters, the venue, which holds just under 100 people, has kept a packed lineup of shows, including the weekly Triple Crown Comedy, a free comedy showcase scheduled for 9 p.m. on Thursdays.
During non-show times, the bar and patio are open to the public from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily. Tickets. costing between $5-15, are available in advance at raccoonmotel.com. Shows are 21 and up.
Here's a list of upcoming shows with doors opening at 7 p.m. and music typically starting at 8 p.m.:
- Thursday: Kristin Diable with Frederick The Younger and Triple Crown Comedy
- Friday: Dawg Yawp with The Too's
- Sunday: Mike & The Moonpies with special guests
- Monday, June 26: Sarah Shook and The Disarmers with Tree Machines
- Tuesday, June 27: Miss Tess and The Talkbacks with Katie Day
- Thursday, June 29: Triple Crown Comedy
- Friday, June 30: Kirby Brown with Wisconsin
- Saturday, July 1: Ratboys with Abram Shook and Mother Evergreen
- Sunday, July 2: R.LUM.R
- Thursday, July 6: Jessica Lamb with Native Harrow and Triple Crown Comedy
- Saturday, July 8: Hamish Anderson with Waldemar and Sleeping Jesus
- Sunday, July 9: I'm Glad It's You