Here is a list of 2017 farmers markets around the region:
• The Davenport Farmers Market, with vendors from the Mississippi Valley Growers Association, operates at NorthPark Mall, 320 W. Kimberly Road, Davenport, in an area between the J.C. Penney and Sears stores. The market will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning in May. It operates through October.
• The Davenport Freight House Farmers Market, which is open year-round at 421 W. River Drive, will open its outdoor market on Wednesday, May 3. Hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays (indoors and outdoors), 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays (indoors and outdoors) and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays (outdoors only).
• The Bettendorf Farmers Market, operated by the Mississippi Valley Growers Association, has added a day of operation. The market will be open from 2:30-5:30 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays beginning in May and running through October at 2117 State St.
• The Lyons Farmers Market in 4-Square Park, Clinton, opens in mid-May and runs through October. Hours are 8-11 a.m. Saturdays and 4-6 p.m. Wednesdays.
• The DeWitt Farmers Market operates 3:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning in mid-May in Lincoln Park. The market will close for the season in mid-October.
• The Camanche Farmers Market will be open 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays beginning in mid-May and closing at the end of October at 103 21st St., the former rollerskating rink.
• The Durant Farmers Market will be operating 5-7 p.m. Wednesdays beginning May 3 through Sept. 20 at Pythian Sisters Park.
• The Maquoketa Farmers Market will be open 4-6:30 Tuesdays beginning May 16 and ending Oct. 17 in the parking lot of the Ohnward Fine Arts Center, 1215 E. Platt St.
• The Tipton Farmers Market operates year-round on Thursdays. Hours for the summer market are 4-6 p.m. beginning May 4 and running every Thursday through October 26 at the corner of 5th and Cedar streets on the north lawn of the Cedar County Courthouse. The winter market hours are 3-5 p.m. at 116 E. 5th St.
• The Muscatine Farmers Market is open 7:30-11:30 a.m. Saturdays from May 6 through Oct. 28 in the parking lot across from City Hall at the corner of 3rd and Cedar streets. A second market will be open 2:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesdays at 1903 Park Ave. (the Muscatine Mall) from May 2 through the end of October.
• The Columbus Junction Farmers Market is open from May 8 through Oct. 9. Hours are 5-7 p.m. Mondays at 241 Main St., the Community Bank & Trust parking lot.
• The West Liberty Downtown Farmers Market runs every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m. from May 3 until the end of October in the 100 block of Spencer Street.
• The Positive Empowerment Group will operate two markets selling chemical-free produce in Rock Island. The first one is at Franklin Field, 9th Street and 12th Avenue, and will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays from the middle of June until the end of October. The Cunningham-Brooks Farmers Market at 4th Avenue and 9th Street will sell produce from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday from mid-June until the end of October.
- The Mercado on Fifth market has expanded after a pilot season a year ago. It will be open from 5-9 p.m. Fridays on 5th Avenue in Moline between 11th and 12th streets.
• The Quad-City Fruit and Vegetable Growers market at Trinity Moline is open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays at 7th Street and John Deere Road. The market is open from May through October.
• The Quad-City Fruit and Vegetable Growers East Moline market will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning May 3 in the Skate City parking lot, 1112 Avenue of the Cities. The market runs through Oct. 28.
• The Geneseo Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays beginning June 3 and ending Oct. 28 at the City Park along Pearl Street.
• The Morrison Farmers Market is open 8-11 a.m. Saturdays from May 20 through Oct. 21 in the parking lot at 202 E. Lincolnway Road.
• The Twin City Farmers Market is open year-round at 106 Ave. A, Sterling. Hours are 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays. An evening market will be 4-7 p.m. Tuesdays from June 6 through Aug. 15 in Central Memorial Park. There will be no market July 4.
• The Aledo Main Street Farmers Market opens June 8 and closes Oct. 12. Hours are 4-6 p.m. Thursdays in the parking lot of Central Park.
• The Kewanee Farmers Market will sell items from 7:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays from May 20 through October 28 at the corner of 3rd Avenue and Tremont Street.
If you have a farmers market that is not listed here, contact Lucinda Resnick, who compiles this list, at 563-383-2330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.