Cold days this winter inspire many people to spend more time in the warmth of their kitchens. Eastern Iowa Community Colleges can help with classes at the college’s West Davenport Center, 2950 N. Fairmount St. Classes are hands-on, held from 6-9 p.m. and cost $49 each.
- Homemade Noodles are a great wintertime comfort food. Class includes using them in a beef and noodle dish and chicken noodle soup. Class will be Feb. 1, course number 194421.
- Cookies for Breakfast? Sure! Why not? At least when they are healthy ones with oats, nuts and more. Participants should bring a container to take home their creations. Class will be Feb. 5, course number 194445.
- Crackers can be made at home, including graham crackers and more savory delights. Class will be Feb. 15, course number 194143.
- Cheesemaking includes sour cream, buttermilk, ricotta, mozzarella and cottage cheese. Class will be Feb. 22, course number 194148.
- Dry Rubs & Marinades can infuse flavor into almost anything. Class will be Feb. 26, course number 194487.
For more information about any of these classes go to www.eicc.edu/cooking or to register call the college’s Registration Center at 563-441-4100 or 1-888-336-3907.