“Polynesia” is the subject of the next travelogue sponsored by the DeWitt Noon Lions Club.
The shows are 3 and 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, at the DeWitt (Iowa) Operahouse Theater. John and Martha Bone of Clinton will be the presenters.
A $5 donation for admission is suggested.
Polynesia offers images of idyllic tropical islands, volcanoes and coral reefs, vast ocean spaces, Gauguin paintings, Capt. Cook and mutineers like those on the HMS Bounty.
Other upcoming travelogues in the series are:
- March 10: “Egypt, B.C. and A.D.” by Dick and Shirley Cole of Eldridge.
- March 24: “South America — Chile and Argentina” by George Kruckenberg of West Des Moines.
- April 7: “Everyday Life in Middle East” by Munir Sayegh of DeWitt.
- April 21: “Visiting Ancient and Modern Israel and Jordan” by Bonnie Lorenzen of Bettendorf.
- May 5: “Enchanting India and Nepal” by Marcie Siegel of Walcott.
- May 19: “Adventures in Austria” by DeWayne and Linda Hatcher of LeClaire.