Siren

A Bettendorf apartment sustained damage in a fire Monday afternoon.

Bettendorf firefighters were dispatched at 1:25 p.m. to a structure fire at Chateau Knoll Apartments, where they found heavy black smoke coming from the third floor, according to a news release.

A third-floor apartment had smoke damage and the fire damage was contained to the sofa, carpet and the area around the sofa. The fire was extinguished at 1:34 p.m., according to the release

Bettendorf Police assisted the fire department in evacuating the building. The resident who lived in the apartment came home and found the fire and notified a maintenance worker who was working across the hall, according to the release.

The maintenance worker called 911 and contained the fire with a fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived, according to the release.

Fire officials say the cause of the fire was an overheated notebook computer.

Red Cross was called to assist the two residents who live in the apartment. All other residents were allowed to return to their apartments.

There were no injuries, according to the release.

0
0
2
0
0