Bettendorf Park Band presents spring concert March 16
The Bettendorf Park Band will present its Spring Concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 16, at Pleasant Valley High School auditorium, 604 Belmont Road, Bettendorf. The concert continues the band’s 50th anniversary season. The event is free and open to the public.
Grand Marshal sought for July 4th parade
The City of Bettendorf seeks nominations for the 2018 Fourth of July Parade grand marshal.
Nominees must have made significant contributions to the quality of life in Bettendorf in the areas of civic or social services, humanitarianism or through personal achievements such as athletics or the arts, and must be current or long-time past residents or have brought some distinction to Bettendorf.
They must be able to serve as grand marshal on Wednesday, July 4. People previously nominated but not selected may be nominated again.
Nominations should be sent to Lauran Haldeman, Bettendorf City Hall, 1609 State St., Bettendorf, IA 52722 by Friday, March 23.
For more information, call 563-344-4033.
Family Museum plans spring break lineup
The Family Museum has spring break programming for families. Events and performances, which are included with admission or membership, are sponsored by the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs.
- Thursday, March 15: Chris McBrien: The Magic Storyteller, 11 a.m.
- Friday, March 16: Giant Earth balloon. Shows at 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m. 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.; explore science stations 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17, Koo Koo Kanga Roo, 2 p.m.
- Monday, March 19: Niabi Zoo2U, shows at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 20: Giant Earth balloon, 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.; explore science stations 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 21: Sink or float? 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Thursday, March 22: PAW Patrol on the scene - 10 a.m. until noon: Meet police and firefighters; 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., make your own PAW Patrol badge; 1:15-2 p.m., meet Chase from Paw Patrol
- Friday, March 23: Build and Drop with the U.S. Army Picatinny STEM Team, 1-2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 24: Family luau with Aloha Chicago, 11 a.m.
Family Resources' Opening Doors Gala is set for April 6
The annual Opening Doors Gala, Family Resources’ largest fundraiser of the year, will be Friday, April 6 at the Waterfront Convention Center, Bettendorf.
Funds raised will be used for emergency housing, group care, counseling and education.
Featured entertainment includes local magicians David Casas and Michael Sampson, and a performance of Sinatra Live by Clinton native, Travis Hosette. The event also features a cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres, cash bar, dinner, and live and silent auctions. Reservations individual seats or tables may be made at famres.org.
Family Resources offers services in Cedar, Clinton, Des Moines, Dubuque, Henry, Jackson, Lee, Louisa, Muscatine and Scott counties in Iowa, and Rock Island County in Illinois.
Bettendorf Parks and Rec seeks volunteer park ambassadors
The Bettendorf Parks and Recreation Department seeks volunteers to serve as park ambassadors during the 2018 season that begins May 25. They patrol city parks and give directions, provide information on park activities, watch for vandalism, encourage users to follow park rules. They also act as goodwill ambassadors for the city.
The 2018 season will run Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day. Orientation meetings will be Wednesday, May 23 at the Bettendorf Community Center, 2204 Grant Street. New ambassadors will attend from 6-8 p.m. and returning ambassadors will attend from 7-8 p.m.
Park ambassadors do not need to be Bettendorf residents, but must be at least 18 years old, have a valid driver’s license, submit to a background check and be in good health.
The application deadline is May 1. To apply, visit Bettendorf City Hall, 1609 State Street; Herbert D. Goettsch Community Center, 2204 Grant Street; or the Life Fitness Center, 2222 Middle Road.
For more information, contact Isaac Jacobs at 563-344-7170.
LeClaire Chamber of Commerce events
March 17: LeClaire Civic Club trivia fundraiser, 7 p.m., 127 S. Cody Road. Corned beef and cabbage served from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Carry-out available.
March 31: LeClaire Easter Egg hunt, 11 a.m., Hollyhock Park, 201 N. 6th St. The event also will feature free food, pictures with the Easter Bunny and bounce house.