Davenport Fire Marshal Mike Hayman said Tuesday that the cause of Monday's house fire on Kirkwood Boulevard where several cats perished was electrical.

Two residents were in the house at 608 Kirkwood Blvd. when fire broke out in the first-floor living room area about 9:30 a.m., Hayman said.

The homeowners made it out safely, but several cats did not, Hayman said.

Firefighters had to pull siding away from a wall of the house to fight the fire. 

— Times staff

— Brian Wellner

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.