Clinton's River City Municipal Band, Iowa’s volunteer summer band, has announced its leadership and concert schedule for the summer season, and it invites all area musicians to participate.
The band is a program of the Clinton Park and Recreation Department and plays in the community to support summer events and provide entertainment for the greater Clinton area. All concerts are free and open to the public. For more information, call the Ericksen Center at 563-243-1260, or visit Facebook at River City Municipal Band.
Josh Youngs of Moline, has been named conductor for the season which runs late May through early August. Youngs is in his second year as band director for the Morrison School District.
The River City Municipal Band will meet once a week on Mondays at 5:30 p.m. at the Ericksen Community Center. All area musicians with a desire to make music are welcome to join, even those who have not played in a number of years. Band students in college, high school and middle school are especially welcomed. The band will play on the following days:
• May 29 , 10 a.m., Clinton Lawn Cemetery with Clinton AMVETS
• June 12, 7 p.m., Eagle Point Lodge
• June 17, 11:30 a.m., Felix Adler Day, Children's Discovery Center
• July 4, 1 p.m., Fourth of July Celebration Parade, Riverview Drive, Clinton
• July 13, 6:30 p.m., Fulton Summer Nights, Fulton Windmill
• July 24, 7 p.m., Eagle Point Lodge
• August 7, 7 p.m., Eagle Point Lodge