Davenport man charged with 2 counts of child endangerment

2013-01-04T03:30:00Z 2013-01-04T04:57:11Z Davenport man charged with 2 counts of child endangermentBrian Wellner The Quad-City Times
January 04, 2013 3:30 am  •

A Davenport man who is accused of leaving his 5-year-old daughter and 1-year-old son at home alone for 45 minutes is charged with two counts of child endangerment.

Demario M. Walker, 21, was being held Thursday in the Scott County Jail after his arrest earlier in the week.

Police were dispatched Monday afternoon to the 600 block of Pershing Avenue to investigate a report of a child who was unable to find her father, according to Walker’s arrest affidavit.

Police received the call about 4:15 p.m. After officers arrived, Walker showed up at 5:05 p.m., the affidavit states.

Walker had left his daughter and son at home alone in an apartment in the 200 block of East 7th Street, the affidavit states.

While he was gone, the daughter went looking for Walker and crossed the street by herself in temperatures below 32 degrees, the affidavit states.

1. wherizthaluv
    wherizthaluv - June 25, 2013 12:19 am
    Really? Only people on state assistance should have mandatory birth control. What about the piece of c*r*a*p stay at home moms that beat their kids on the daily...or drown them...or leave them in a hot car for an hour or more to exercise or to shop?...I USED to be on state assistance and I am a FANTASTIC mother. I have a full-time job as the HR manager at my company at age 25. I have my own house and car and pay all my bills entirely on my own. YOU must be a rich prissy little girl who's parents take care of your kid for you and has never been through the struggle of actually having to work hard to get something. Get F*r*e*a*k*ing real lady. WOOOOOOOWWW. I hope if you have children they grow up without your ignorance. UGH!
  2. wherizthaluv
    wherizthaluv - June 25, 2013 12:17 am
  3. writingmomma
    writingmomma - January 04, 2013 12:38 pm
    That is a horrible thing to say!!!!
  4. Randogg420
    Randogg420 - January 04, 2013 10:41 am
    These kids will wind up dead
  5. mommakelly
    mommakelly - January 04, 2013 7:23 am
    Birth control birth control birth control birth control...... This is why I whole heartedly believe that all birth control should be free, and mandatory if you are on state assistance.
  6. pta mom
    pta mom - January 03, 2013 11:37 pm
    Kids should not be fathers when they are 16.
  7. Arc Angel
    Arc Angel - January 03, 2013 9:21 pm
    Church ?Parenting Class?Comman Sense?