A preliminary and detention hearing is scheduled Monday in federal court for a Davenport woman accused of striking a Rock Island Arsenal Police officer with her car and fleeing police Wednesday.

Lateisha Diamond Willett, 23, is charged in U.S. District Court, Rock Island, with fleeing or attempting to elude a peace officer; aggravating resisting or obstructing a peace officer, firefighter or correctional institution employee; and driving while driver’s license, permit or privilege to operate a motor vehicle is suspended or revoked.

A federal criminal complaint was filed Wednesday against Willett; she was arrested Thursday.

According to the complaint:

About 11 a.m. Wednesday, a Rock Island Arsenal police officer and an officer trainee noticed a white Chevrolet Impala, which had a large crack in the windshield, stopped northbound on Fort Armstrong Drive, just south of the Government Bridge.

The bridge was open due to a barge and traffic had stopped. One of the officer’s ran the Impala’s license plate and discovered that the registered owner and driver, Willett, had a suspended license.

A traffic stop was initiated and one of the officers stepped out of the squad car to tell Willett to pull out of traffic and onto the side of the road. Willett drove out of traffic into the right-most lane and slowly proceeded northbound toward the bridge.

The officer still inside the squad car made a u-turn and yelled out the window for Willett to stop where she was and she yelled back that she was “gonna stop down the road.”

The officer who was still on foot proceeded to stop the vehicle in traffic, while the officer in the squad card pulled in behind the Impala.

One of the officers gave Willett verbal commands to get out of the car but she refused and kept trying to drive the Impala forward.

She also kept telling the officer that she wanted to call someone first. The vehicle was still in drive and kept moving slowly toward the officer as he was telling her to get out of the vehicle.

When both officers were out of the squad car, Willett’s vehicle kept moving forward, stopped, backed up and moved forward again.

The vehicle struck one of the officers in the right knee and shin, causing an approximately 2-inch scrape on his leg. The officer then jumped out of the way and Willett took off at a high rate of speed southbound on Fort Armstrong Drive toward Rock Island.

The officers then began to pursue the vehicle, which they lost sight of as it rounded the corner of Beck Avenue near the train bridge.

The officers located Willett on 4th Avenue; she headed back toward Fort Armstrong Drive and the bridge, which was still open, and was blocked by the squad car. Officers again gave her verbal commands to get of the car. When she refused, one of the officers used his baton to break out the driver’s window.

He tried to get Willet out of the vehicle, but she was wearing a seat belt. Two other officers who arrived on scene pulled her out of the vehicle and got her onto the ground. She continued to resist as officers placed her hands behind her back.

One of the officers suffered an abrasion to his left after kneeling on broken glass that was in the street after the window was broken.

Willett was taken to a local hospital for injuries. She later admitted to police that her driver’s license was suspended.

Rock Island County court records show that Willett was charged in April with driving on a suspended license, a misdemeanor. A warrant was issued for her arrest on April 26 when she did not appear on the charge, according to court records.

She was convicted of driving while barred as a habitual offender in 2016 in Scott County.