The city of Davenport will provide its semiannual no-sticker yard waste weeks from Oct. 15 through Nov. 24. The city normally requires that residents buy a city of Davenport Earth Cycle yard waste sticker for $1.60 to dispose of yard waste through city collection. However, during no-sticker weeks, residents do not need to put a sticker on their paper bags for disposal of yard waste through city collection.
Here are the basic requirements:
- Only city of Davenport solid waste customers are eligible.
- Yard waste is collected on normal garbage collection day every week, not every other week.
- Yard waste must be placed in paper bags because plastic bags cannot be composted.
- Branches must be tied in bundles with a sturdy twine and be a maximum of 5 feet long and 50 pounds.
Get news headlines sent daily to your inbox
- Bundled brush collection does not require stickers all season long.
- Yard waste stickers are required for city curbside collection on all yard waste bags after Nov. 24 with no exceptions.
Raking leaves and grass onto city streets is illegal. Property owners who do not remove grass clippings mowed into the street can be fined. The city also provides a yard waste drop-off site at the Davenport Compost Facility at 2707 Railroad Ave. The facility is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, refer to the 2012-13 Garbage Guide booklet or visit www.cityofdavenportiowa.com/solidwaste.