Davenport firefighters responded Wednesday to a small fire at 1423 Washington St.

The fire caused minor damage to a corner column holding up the front porch of the 10-plex.

No injuries were reported and all occupants will remain in their homes.

District chief Mike Ryan says it appears the cause of this fire is a discarded cigarette on the porch.

(1) comment

CGE
CGE

Not a story

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.