All 60 units of the Harrison Lofts, 1420 Harrison St., were evacuated Monday evening after a stovetop caught fire in one of the units, Davenport Fire Department officials said.

Crews were called to the scene between 4:30 and 5 p.m., District Fire Chief Paul Hartman said. No one was injured.

"The fire was out when we got there," he added. "The sprinklers did their job."

The fire left smoke damage in one apartment and water damage in two adjacent units, he said. The building was evacuated for about 30 minutes.

The $10.2 million loft housing project opened in December 2013.

In May, the surrounding Hilltop Campus Village received a Main Street Iowa award for Outstanding Achievement in New Construction for the Harrison Lofts development.

(1) comment

Wags a lot

A stovetop caught fire?

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.