One person is homeless after a kitchen fire this morning damaged an apartment in Clinton.

The Clinton Fire Department was called about 4:30 a.m. Sunday to 1850 Glendale Road, Apt. 41, after a report of smoke.

Crews got the fire in the basement apartment under control in about 15 minutes. Other apartments in the building were evacuated, and no one was injured.

The Camanche Fire Department assisted at the scene.

The Gateway Area Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the apartment’s resident.