A space heater started a fire Sunday in the 1400 block of East Pleasant Street, Davenport, Fire Marshal Mike Hayman said Monday.

The American Red Cross of the Quad-Cities Area assisted three adults displaced by the fire, which broke out shortly before 4 p.m.

The residents weren’t home at the time. Two dogs were inside and were safely removed, officials said.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.