MetroLINK, transit system serving the Illinois Quad-Cities, recently announced it has improved transit routes in East Moline, Silvis, Carbon Cliff and Colona with changes taking effect Monday.
Routes 30 (Green), 50 (Olive), 55 (Sky Blue) and 59 (Maroon) will feature later service hours and better connections between routes.
Route improvements include:
• Service hours extended from 6 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. on weekdays on routes 50, 55 and 59.
• Access to Avenue of the Cities and 22nd Avenue in Silvis for Colona Route 30 riders.
• Service to John Deere Harvester Works in East Moline and 22nd Avenue in Silvis on Route 50.
• Consistent hourly service in Silvis and Carbon Cliff for Route 55 riders.
• Connections between Moline and East Moline at Kennedy Square for Route 59 riders.
Riders on Route 30 between Kennedy Square and Colona, 50, 55 and 59 also can ride for free Monday through July 16.
Route maps and schedules are available at metroqc.com/improvedroutes.