One person is homeless after a kitchen fire this morning damaged an apartment in Clinton.

The Clinton Fire Department was called about 4:30 a.m. Sunday to 1850 Glendale Road, Apt. 41, after a report of smoke.

Crews got the fire in the basement apartment under control in about 15 minutes. Other apartments in the building were evacuated, and no one was injured.

The Camanche Fire Department assisted at the scene.

The Gateway Area Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the apartment’s resident.

Locations

(1) comment

Dave Johnsen
Dave Johnsen

OMG.
Channel 6 was right.
This really is "fire season" in Clinton.

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.