AMES, Iowa — Due to life-threatening blizzard conditions, the Iowa Department of Transportation's “No Travel” advisory remains in effect until midnight for the following counties.
• DOT District 1 (Central Iowa) – Webster, Hamilton, Hardin, Grundy, Green, Boone, Story, Marshall, Tama, Polk, Jasper and Poweshiek counties.
• DOT District 2 (Northern Iowa) – Kossuth, Winnebago, Worth, Mitchell, Howard, Winneshiek, Allamakee, Hancock, Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Chickasaw, Fayette, Clayton, Humboldt, Wright, Franklin, Butler, Bremer, and Black Hawk counties.
• DOT District 3 (Northwest Iowa) - Monona, Crawford, Carroll, Calhoun, Sac, and Ida Counties. (Note: Sac, Ida and Monona Counties are expected to be near winter normal by shortly after noon today and visibility is above 1/2 mile in those counties already.)
• DOT District 4 (Southwest Iowa) – Harrison, Shelby, Audubon, Guthrie, Dallas, Pottawattamie, Cass, Adair, Madison, Mills, Montgomery, Adams, Union, Fremont, Page, Taylor and Ringgold counties.
• DOT District 5 (Southeast Iowa) – Warren, Marion, Mahaska, Keokuk, Washington, Muscatine, Louisa, Clarke, Lucas, Monroe, Wapello, Jefferson, Henry, Des Moines, Decatur, Wayne, Appanoose, Davis, Van Buren, and Lee counties.
• DOT District 6 (Eastern Iowa) – Buchanan, Delaware, Dubuque, Benton, Linn, Jones, Jackson, Iowa, Johnson, Cedar, Scott and Clinton counties.