The Midwest might be ripe for a major drought in 2025, according to a climatologist speaking Wednesday at the annual Upper Mississippi River Conference in Moline. These are soybean plants stressed by dry conditions in southern Iowa this year.
Peter and Melanie Scheidler cross East River Drive at Mound Street on their tandem bike during the fourth annual Quad-Cities Tweed Ride in Davenport on Saturday, October 22, 2016. A crowd over two hundred mounted their bicycles in tweed dress on this year's ride, traveling from the East Village of Davenport to Credit Island Park for a picnic before returning to the village for an awards ceremony and after party.
ABRION AUSTIN, Age 32, has been wanted by East Moline Police since January 2015. He has a warrant for Home Invasion and Aggravated Battery.
Iowa Hawkeyes fans hold up the lights of their cellphones to wave to patients and staff at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital at the end of the first quarter of their game Saturday, Sept. 23, at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City.
Andy Abeyta, QUAD-CITY TIMES
CHRISTOPHER WHEELER, Age 47, failed to return to work release program in Davenport on October 7th. He is now wanted on a warrant for Escape
Here's the afternoon forecast from the National Weather Service. It will be cloudy with a high near 62 degrees. Tonight will be cloudy then gradually becoming partly cloudy with a low around 52 degrees.
• Based on historic weather patterns, the Midwestern United States can expect the drought of the century around 2025, according to Elwynn Taylor, a climatologist for Iowa State University Extension, Ames. Read more.
• Entertainment reporter Amanda Hancock dishes up her six picks for weekend fun in the Quad-Cities. And, as they say, you won't believe #5. Read more.
CrimeStoppers of the Quad-Cities has added to its 'most wanted' list. They are seeking the public's assistance in locating:
• Christopher Wheeler, 47, is wanted by Iowa DOC for escape. He failed to return to work release on Oct. 7.
• Abrion Austin, 32, has been wanted by East Moline Police since January 2015. He has a warrant for home invasion and aggravated battery.
Any one with information about these fugitives or any other felony fugitives, are asked to call the tip line (309) 762-9500 or submit your secure tip on our facebook home page by clicking on the "Submit a Tip" tab. DO NOT APPROACH ANY OF THESE SUSPECTS!
• There won’t be a quiz at a later date, but today’s Hawkeye 10@10 is a history lesson. How much do you know about Kinnick Stadium?
Today’s bye week special edition of the Hawkeye 10@10, your daily dose of Iowa news and notes, is all about the home of the Hawkeyes. Read more.
Take an adventure to our own Wild West beginning with John Williams’ sweeping overture to the 1972 motion picture The Cowboys. Acclaimed violinist Bella Hristova joins the QCSO to premiere American composer David Ludwig’s celebratory and touching Violin Concerto motivated by the ideas of mar…