• Here's the afternoon forecast from the National Weather Service. It will be sunny with a high near 74 degrees. It will be mostly cloudy overnight with a low around 51 degrees. North winds will gust as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday there is a chance of showers then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 1 p.m. The high will be near 63 degrees. Northeast winds will be around 10 mph. The chance of precipitation is 100 percent. New rainfall amounts could be between a quarter and half of an inch.
Tuesday night there is chance of before 1 a.m. then showers likely after 1 a.m. The low will be around 53 degrees. Northeast winds will be 10-15 mph with gusts as high as 25 mph. The chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New precipitation could be between a half and three quarters of an inch.
It was kicker Miguel Recinos’ call for Iowa to attempt what proved to be a successful onside kick against Illinois on Saturday.
Add that to George Kittle’s first NFL touchdown catch, a game-deciding grab for Jerminic Smith and a countdown of true freshmen to play for Iowa this season, and it is a busy Monday in today’s Hawkeye 10@10, your daily dose of Iowa news and notes. Read more.
• Entertainment reporter Amanda Hancock serves up her best things to do in the Quad-Cities this week. Read more.
• An early morning shots-fired call resulted in the arrest of three juveniles in connection with a robbery. The incident occurred at 10:59 p.m. in the 110 block of W. 3rd St. with officers responding to a report of shots-fired.
Officers arriving on scene were provided with a detailed description of suspects and vehicle. Officers also were told by the witnesses they had been shot at during the robbery, police said.
Officers were able to locate the vehicle near 17th and Marquette streets and attempted a traffic stop. The vehicle fled from officers and a short vehicle pursuit ensued. Officers were able to apply a Pursuit Intervention Technique (PIT maneuver) near 12th and Myrtle streets where the vehicle was ultimately stopped.
Three male juveniles were apprehended without incident.
• A 13-year-old male Davenport juvenile was charged with robbery 1st degree, theft 1st degree, felony eluding and several traffic charges.
• A 14-year-old male Davenport was charged with robbery 1st degree and theft 1st degree.
• A 12-year-old male Rock Island juvenile was charged with robbery 1st degree and theft 1st degree.
The vehicle operated by the suspect(s) was reported stolen on Oct. 7. from northwest Davenport, police said. No injuries were reported. Two squad cars and the stolen vehicle all sustained moderate damage.
• Local law enforcement agencies are looking for two men who failed to return to a work release program.
Police are looking for:
• Michael Crowell, 41, is wanted in Scott County for escape after he failed to return to a work release program.
• Christipher Wheeler, 47, failed to return to a work release program in Davenport on Oct. 7. He is now wanted on a warrant for escape.
Anyone with knowledge of the whereabouts of these two fugitives are asked to call the tip line at 309-762-9500 or go to our website www.qccimestoppers.com and submit your tip by clicking on the "Give a Tip" tab. All tips are secure and anonymous and you could earn a cash reward if your information leads to a felony arrest.