A fire that caused major damage to a Blue Grass scrap metal business last week has been ruled accidental.

Fire broke out Feb. 11 at Rich Metals Co., 325 W. Mayne St., Blue Grass. Police Chief John Jensen reported Tuesday that a worker was grinding metal when a spark or hot metal ignited a pile of metal turnings covered with oil.

No one was injured in the fire.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.