Road projects to keep an eye out for today include:
• Davenport: Closed Eastern Avenue between East Locust and East Pleasant streets while a contractor repairs a broken sewer lateral. Drivers are advised to follow the signed detour route or use alternate routes until the repair is made. The road is expected to be reopened on Monday.
• Milan: Bridge deck repairs are causing a lane closure on Interstate 280. Crews are working on the bridge over the IAIS railroad tracks about 2.5 miles east of the Illinois 92 interchange, causing the eastbound passing lane to be closed. The work should conclude today.
• Davenport: East Central Park Avenue from Grand to Bridge avenues and Bridge Avenue from East 29th to East Rusholme streets are closed. Drivers are advised to follow the signed detour route or use alternate routes until the work is completed in early September.
• Rapids City: Resurfacing work on Illinois 84 from Rapids City to East Moline. Drivers should be alert for flaggers. Work will begin at 20th Street in Rapids City and progress southerly. The roadway from Rapids City to Hampton is scheduled to be completed this fall. The south portion of the project to East Moline will be completed in the spring.
• East Moline: Contractors will be making pavement repairs today on the Avenue of the Cities from Kennedy Drive to the Rock River in East Moline. The project will be completed by the end of November. Drivers should expect delays particularly when work is being done at the intersections with Illinois 5 and with 19th Street in East Moline.
• Moline: The ramp from westbound Interstate 74 to eastbound John Deere Road closes is closed until Friday for crack filling and resurfacing.
• Repairs have begun on the U.S. 6 bridge over Geneseo Creek in Henry County. Temporary traffic signals are in place to regulate traffic flow as the bridge is restricted to one lane. Completion date: Mid-August.
• Bettendorf: Devils Glen Road from Hopewell Avenue to Forest Grove Drive is closed until Oct. 29. Detours are Middle Road to 53rd Avenue and Utica Ridge Road to 53rd Avenue. Local traffic access will be maintained throughout the project duration.
• Carroll County: Illinois 84 south of Savanna, Ill., from Doty Road near the south edge of Savanna to the Carroll-Whiteside county line north of Fulton, and the 8-mile section of Argo Fay Road from Illinois 84 to Illinois 78. Expect lane closures and delays during the resurfacing project until late September.
• Whiteside County: U.S. 30 from Fulton, Ill. to Morrison, Ill. is being resurfaced. Drivers should expect lane closures, flaggers and delays. Completion date: End of October.
• Whiteside County: U.S. 30 and the intersection of Garden Plain Road near the Rock Creek Bridge is closed until mid-October while the bridge is replaced.
• Moline: Construction has begun in the 1400 block of 5th Avenue to 15th Street. Street closures include 14th Street at 5th Avenue to the West side of 15th Street. The 15th Street intersection will remain open. From there, the contractor will move to the next block, which will be 15th Street to the west side of 16th Street. The final block of reconstruction will be 16th to 17th streets. The entire reconstruction project is anticipated to be complete by year’s end.
• Moline: 7th Street from the south side of 33rd Avenue to the north side of 35th Avenue is closed. The project includes pavement replacement, water main and storm sewer replacement and new sidewalks. Completion date: Nov. 1.
• Moline: From August 16-20, the ramp from westbound John Deere Road to westbound Interstate 74 for concreate patching and resurfacing. A detour route will be posted.
• Bettendorf: 18th Street from Middle Road to 53rd Street will reopen on Monday.
• Bettendorf: Beginning Monday until Oct. 29, Valley Drive will be closed to through traffic from east of Moencks Road to Wells Ferry Road. Through traffic will be detoured along Moencks Road, Crow Creek Road, Forrest Grove Drive, and Wells Ferry Road for the duration of the project. The duration of each stage will be about two and one-half weeks. The first stage, ending at the end of August, will extended from east of Valley View Drive to a location between the Pinebrook Lane and Primrose Court intersections.