Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer of New York called the possibility of considering National Guard troops to help round up unauthorized immigrants "despicable" and "appalling."
As featured on
The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.
Latest Local Offers
- 2 killed, 18 injured in knife attack in southwest China
- Asian shares muted as investors await raft of economic data
- NKorea fires short-range ballistic missile off western Japan
- Austin Dillon wins Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway for first NASCAR Cup victory
- JFK's life, legacy to be celebrated on his centennial