How do you evaluate the success of a book sale? Most people would simply look at the total money at the end of the event. However, it is more complicated than that.
• A Friend of the LeClaire Community Library volunteered to post the banner sign announcing the upcoming sale; thanks for the timely post.
• A Friend of the LeClaire Community Library member was able to help staff the sale for the first time; that's an important part of a successful event.
• The library's staff helped in many ways, from posting the flyer on the entrance door to adding photos to the library's Facebook page.
• The LeClaire community demonstrated their support of the library by purchasing books, DVDs, puzzles, etc. The event was attended by young and old, long-time patrons to several leaving with their brand new LeClaire Community Library card.
• The dollar amount is the common gauge of success; the two-day event garnered approximately $275.
Please continue to donate any gently-used books, DVDs, music CDs, and puzzles and games to the LeClaire Community Library and the Friends of the LeClaire Community Library look forward to the next community room book sale in October.
Thanks for your continued support. This translates into more funds for LeClaire library resources and programing for the entire family.