For generations, Turks have revered their nation's founding father, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, who carved out modern Turkey from the ashes of the Ottoman Empire in the wake of World War I, and his mausoleum in Ankara is a place of pilgrimage for many.
Latest Local Offers
- The Latest: Early French count continues to show Le Pen lead
- France's next leader: centrist Macron vs. far-right Le Pen
- On Holocaust day, Netanyahu says its lessons guide him
- French far-right leader Marine Le Pen says she is offering 'the great alternative' in the presidential race
- French far-right candidate Marine Le Pen claims victory, says the debate over globalization is open