(NAPSI)—Although the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has declared March to be National Nutrition Month®, it's a good idea to eat healthfully all year long. The 2018 campaign focuses on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits and its theme is "Go Further with Food."
How To Live Better And Save
Here are six hints on how:
1. Consider the foods you have on hand before buying more.
2. Buy only the amount that can be eaten or frozen within a few days and plan ways to use leftovers later in the week. This can also help reduce food loss and waste and save you money.
3. Be mindful of portion sizes.
4. Learn about healthy eating from a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow, personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
5. Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week for most adults.
6. Whether it's starting the day off right with a healthy breakfast or fueling before an athletic event, the foods you choose can make a real difference. Include a variety of healthful foods from all the food groups on a regular basis. It can help to follow the USDA MyPlate system of healthful eating, including filling at least half your plate each meal with fruits and vegetables, less than a quarter of it with lean meats or other sources of protein, and the rest with whole grains.
Making good eating easier and more fun are Harvest Stone® crackers made from simple, wholesome ingredients such as brown rice, chickpea flour, sesame seeds and flax. They're all USDA organic, certified gluten-free and non-GMO, are a good source of whole grain, low in sugar, kosher, and free of saturated and trans fats. Two new varieties, Harvest Stone Organic Sprouted Hummus and Organic Native Grains, come in Roasted Garlic & Herb, Taste of Za'atar, Simply Olive Oil & Salt, and Peruvian Aji Amarillo.
For great recipes, coupons, tips and nutrition information, visit www.harveststone.com.
"Whether it's starting the day off right with a healthy breakfast or fueling before an athletic event, the foods you choose can make a real difference. http://bit.ly/2HmsTBf"
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)