Farmers markets in the Quad-City area will be opening this week and there will be plenty of local products available.
Among the items sold at the markets are homegrown fruits and vegetables, baked goods, plants, meats, eggs, jams, jellies, noodles, wine, coffee, tea, soaps, crafts and jewelry.
• The Davenport Farmers Market, with vendors from the Mississippi Valley Growers Association, operates at NorthPark Mall, 320 W. Kimberly Road, Davenport, in an area between the J.C. Penney and Sears stores.
The market will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning May 1. It operates through Oct. 30.
• The Davenport Freight House Farmers Market is open year-round at 421 W. River Drive, Davenport. Hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays and 3-6 p.m. Tuesdays. The outdoor market will open May 1, and run through October.
The River City Market Association, which previously sold at NorthPark, also will be selling at the Freight House location this year.
• The Bettendorf Farmers Market, operated by the Mississippi Valley Growers Association, is open 2-6 p.m. Thursdays from May through October at 2117 State St., between the Alter Building and the power station.
• The Trinity Bettendorf market operates 3-6 p.m. Mondays through October at 4500 Utica Ridge Road, Bettendorf. Opening day is May 3. The market will be closed Memorial Day and Labor Day.
* The Lyons Farmers Market in 4-Square Park, Clinton, Iowa, opens May 22, and runs through October. Hours are 8-11 a.m. Saturdays and 4-6 p.m. Wednesdays.
• The Camanche (Iowa) Farmers Market is in operation 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays in the parking lot of the Food Pride grocery store. The market runs from June 1 through Sept. 28.
• The Maquoketa (Iowa) Farmers Market runs from 7 a.m. to noon Saturdays from June 13 through the end of September at the corner of South 2nd and West Platt streets.
• The Tipton (Iowa) Farmers Market operates 4-6 p.m. Thursdays at the Cedar County Courthouse by the gazebo. It opens May 6 and runs through October.
• The Cedar County Farmers Market is open 7:30-11 a.m. Saturdays on the south side of the Cedar County Courthouse in Tipton. The market will run from May 15 through mid-October.
• The Muscatine (Iowa) Farmers Market is open 7:30-11:30 a.m. Saturdays from May 1 through the end of October along the riverfront (Sycamore Street and Mississippi Drive) and 2:30-5:30 p.m. Tuesdays beginning May 4 in the hardware store parking lot at 1420 Park Ave.
• The West Liberty (Iowa) Downtown Farmers Market runs 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning June 3 and ending Oct. 14. It is located at Ron De Vu Park on East 3rd Street.
• The Wilton, Iowa, market operates 3-5 p.m. Wednesdays from May 19 through the end of September at the corner of Iowa 38 and 5th Street.
• The Trinity Moline market is open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays through October at 7th Street and John Deere Road, Moline. The market opens for the season May 1.
• The Main Street Market in East Moline operates 2-6 p.m. Thursdays at 15th Avenue between 7th and 8th streets. It will open May 13 and run through October.
• A second East Moline farmers market is open from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning May 1 in the Skate City parking lot, 1112 Avenue of the Cities. The market runs through October.
• The Quad-City Botanical Center Market will be open 1-5 p.m. Sundays from May through October at 2525 4th Ave., Rock Island. The first day will be May 2.
• The new Homegrown Farmers Market is operating 2:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays in the parking lot of the Rock Island County Extension office, 321 W. 2nd Ave., Milan. It runs from May 5 to Oct. 27.
• The Geneseo (Ill.) Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays beginning June 26 and ending Nov. 27 at the City Park along Pearl Street.
• The Port Byron (Ill.) Farmers Market operates 2-5 p.m. Wednesdays in the downtown area near the boat launch. It opens in mid-May (an exact date had not been determined as of press time) and runs through October.
• The Morrison (Ill.) Farmers Market is open 8-11 a.m. Saturdays from June 5 to Oct. 9 at the Heritage Museum parking lot, 202 E. Lincolnway Road.
• The Twin City Farmers Market is open year-round at 106 Ave. A, Sterling, Ill. Hours are 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays.
• The Aledo (Ill.) Main Street Farmers Market opens June 10 and closes Oct. 14. Hours are 4-6 p.m. Thursdays in the parking lot of Central Park.
If you have a farmers market that is not listed here, contact Lucinda Resnick at (563) 383-2330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.