Since 1999 it has been called the John Deere Classic, but that PGA golf event has gone by many names in its 47 year history including:
• 1971-74: Quad-Cities Open
• 1975-79: Ed McMahon-Jaycees Quad-Cities Open
• 1980-81: Quad-Cities Open
• 1982-84: Miller High Life QCO
• 1985: Lite Quad-Cities Open
• 1986-94: Hardee's Golf Classic
• 1995-98 Quad-City Classic
Here's a look back at the early days of the pro golf tournament.
As featured on
Researching family history? Looking for a photo of something you remember from childhood? Want to see what was happening the day you were born? Try our digital archive, where you can search the text of every edition we've published -- in all its iterations -- going back to 1855.