Dick and Shirley Cole of Eldridge will present “Egypt, B.C. and A.D.” at the DeWitt Operahouse Theater Tuesday, March 10, the next in the DeWitt Lions Club series of travelogue programs, now in its 47th year.
Showtimes are 3 and 7 p.m. Admission is a suggested donation of $5 per person.
Not many people visit Egypt these days because of the political upheaval there in recent years, but the Coles made the trip in 2008, starting south of Luxor on the Nile River and traveling north to Cairo by ship. From Cairo, they traveled by train to Alexandria to tour the great library and architecture surrounding the port on the Mediterranean Sea.
Proceeds from this series of travelogues go toward the Lions Club's philanthropic projects.
Other upcoming travelogues in the series are:
• March 24, “South America — Chile and Argentina.”
• April 7, “Everyday Life in the Middle East,” by Munir Sayegh of DeWitt.
• April 21, “Visiting Ancient and Modern Israel and Jordan” by Bonnie Lorenzen of Bettendorf.
• May 5, "Enchanting India and Nepal" by Marcia Siegel of Walcott.
• May 19, “Adventures in Austria” by DeWayne and Linda Hatcher of LeClaire.