The death of George Floyd in Minneapolis has triggered a resurgence of pain, frustration and anger, and has reignited discussions about race and racism in the Quad-Cities and beyond. It also has started a movement to support black communities by purchasing from black-owned businesses.
Dozens of lists of businesses and restaurants have been circulating this week on social media. For Quad-Citians looking to support businesses owned by black people, we have compiled these lists into one, including restaurants, stores and services.
To update a listing, or add your favorite Q-C black-owned business to the list, email the business’ name, address and contact information through the weekend to email@example.com.
• Bombshell Beauty Supply, LLC, 1734 Washington St., Suite 2, Davenport, 563-275-6331, Bombshell-beauty-supply-llc.business.site
• Brown Family Chiropractic, 2508 25th St., Suite C, Rock Island. 309-283-7316; 1035 N. Lincoln Road, Suite 200, Bettendorf (inside Gomez Chiropractic). 563-940-7390
• Cloud 9 Glass, 332 E Locust St., Davenport. 563-579-0111, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Doss Agency — Farmers Insurance, 3717 N. Brady St., Suite 2, Davenport. 563-484-4960, email@example.com
• Garrett Insurance, 3806 Forest Road, Davenport. 563-650-2831, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jim's Rib Haven, 531 24th St., Rock Island, 309-786-8084
• Rooster's Sports Bar & Grill, 2130 3rd Ave., Rock Island. 309-283-7005
• Spears Resale New and Used Furniture and Appliances, 1320 Harrison St., Davenport. 563-579-6432
• Teranga House of Africa, 1706 3rd Ave., Rock Island. 309-788-0801