{{featured_button_text}}

The Susan G. Komen breast cancer organization announced 2017 research funding of $30.7 million for 98 grants focusing on new treatments and more understanding of the most lethal forms and stages of breast cancer.

The funding, which went to organizations in 27 states and 7 countries, also includes research into new screening technologies, treatments for metastatic and aggressive types of breast cancer and disparities in breast cancer outcomes, along with $17.6 million to early-career investigators in ensure continued breast cancer research.

Komen’s research program is funded in part by contributions from Komen’s nationwide Network of Affiliates, which directs 25 percent of funds raised locally to Komen’s national research program. The remaining 75 percent is invested into community outreach programs that serve local women and men facing breast cancer.

Register for more free articles
Stay logged in to skip the surveys

To date, Komen Greater Iowa has funded $12,569,678 in community programs serving local women and men, while contributing $4,900,004 to Komen research.

Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $956 million in research and provided more than $2.1 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0