Seniors can tour Duck Creek Trail by golf cart Monday
A golf cart tour of Bettendorf's Duck Creek Trail will be Monday, Sept. 11.
The free tour sponsored by The Friends of the Bettendorf Park Foundation will leave from Palmer Hills Golf Course at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Tours will be approximately two hours and will travel to Devils Glen Park and back. Stops will be made a several sites along the way. Participants may operate the carts or an operator will be provided.
Reservations are required. Register by phone or in-person or online at bettendorf.org/register.
Rain date for the event is Tuesday.
For more information, call Bettendorf Parks and Recreation at 563-344-4113.
St. John Vianney celebrates 50th anniversary with Fun Run/Walk, Sept. 16
To celebrate its 50th anniversary, St. John Vianney Catholic Church will hold a Fun Run/Walk Saturday, Sept. 16.
The Fun Run 5K and one-mile walk begin at 9 a.m. on the parish grounds located at 4097 18th St., Bettendorf.
Proceeds from the race will be donated to local charities, Humility of Mary Housing and Café on Vine.
To register, visit getmeregistered.com. The $20 entry fee includes a long-sleeve Dri-FIT shirt, the charity donation and a post-race event with music, food and fun.
The Fun Run/Walk is one of several events scheduled to mark the 50th anniversary.
For more information, contact the church office or Tom Doyle at 563-499-1289.
Vehicle sale event to benefit the Friends of the Bettendorf Park Foundation Sept. 16-17
A for sale by owner event benefiting the Friends of the Bettendorf Park Foundation will be Sept. 16-17 at the Faye's Field parking lot, 2850 18th St.
Vehicles including cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, boats and motor homes will be available for purchase from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday.
All transactions are private between the buyer and the seller.
For more information, call Bettendorf Parks and Recreation at 563-344-4464.
LeClaire Chamber of Commerce events
Here’s a look at upcoming events in LeClaire:
- Today: Star Gifts for Kids 10th Annual Golf Outing, 9 a.m. shotgun start, Olathea Golf Course. $65/person, 4-person teams, 18-holes with cart. After party includes raffle and pin prizes. For more information, call 563-949-6969.
- Sept. 12: Chamber networking event, 5:30 p.m., Steventon's.
- Sept. 16: Twilight Riverboat sightseeing cruises will be 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. $16 adults, $8 children 4-12, free for ages 3 and younger but they must have tickets. Cruises will depart and return from the Port of LeClaire. The trip includes a captain’s narration and views of the river, its wildlife and river towns. A cash bar and gift shop are featured. Free coffee, tea, lemonade and water will be provided. There will be no food or snacks, but passengers can bring sack lunches. No coolers will be allowed. For reservations, visit riverboattwilight.starboardsuite.com/choose-date
- Sept. 16: Twilight Riverboat dinner cruise will be 5-8 p.m., with boarding from 4:30 to 5 p.m. Tickets are $45 per person and include a beef brisket dinner. The cruise also features a cash bar. Tickets are available at First Central State Bank and Blackhawk Bank & Trust. For more information, call 289-2265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept. 23: Bags-N-Brews on the Levee, fundraiser for Gilda's Club Quad-Cities, 2:30-7 p.m. Bags (cornhole) tournament, beer samples, food and prizes. $35 for tournament, beer tasting and food or $20 for beer and food only. For more information, call 563-326-7504 or email email@example.com.
- Sept. 25: Economic development meeting, 8 a.m., City Hall.