Beginning Monday and continuing through early December, extensive roadway construction will continue along 19th Street and 7th Avenue in Moline.
As part of the reconstruction of the new Interstate 74 bridge, the Illinois Department of Transportation will complete an interchange ramp and intersection improvements. Part of the project includes reconstruction of the 19th Street and 7th Avenue intersection to improve traffic flow to and from downtown Moline and the new Interstate 74 bridge.
The DOT and the city of Moline are leading the road projects at and around the intersection.
The 19th Street/7th Avenue roadway improvements will be implemented in stages.
• Beginning Monday, 19th Street will be closed between 7th and 12th avenues.
• Also beginning Monday, daily lane closures will occur on 7th Avenue between 18th and 23rd streets.
• Beginning Sept. 5, vehicles traveling westbound on 7th Avenue will be unable to make a left turn onto the Interstate 74 on-ramp. A posted detour route will send westbound 7th Avenue traffic around the block to 18th Street, 6th Avenue, 19th Street and back to eastbound 7th Avenue to take the Interstate 74 eastbound on-ramp. The detour is expected to be in place through mid-September.
• Beginning in mid-September, the intersection of 19th Street and 7th Avenue will be closed completely. Detour routes will be marked to steer vehicles away from the intersection.
• Work along 19th Street and 7th Avenue is anticipated to be complete by early December.
Additional city of Moline-led road projects are taking place throughout downtown. River Drive is closed for street repairs between 23rd and 34th streets through early September. The Rock Island Arsenal access at 4th Avenue and at 14th Street is closed. Traffic can access the ramp from River Drive only, and detours are marked.
Currently River Drive is limited to one lane in each direction between 19th and 23rd streets through late September.
For updates, visit I74RiverBridge.com.