You are the owner of this article.
Death certificate: Low-voltage electrocution caused woman's death at Davenport hotel

Death certificate: Low-voltage electrocution caused woman's death at Davenport hotel

{{featured_button_text}}
Brittany Russell

Brittany RussellĀ 

Accidental low-voltage electrocution caused the death of Brittany Russell, 27, who worked at the bowling alley in the Hotel Blackhawk, Davenport, according to the State of Iowa Department of Public Health death certificate.

Russell was an employee of the Blackhawk Bowl and Martini Lounge inside, but managed separately from, the hotel. She died there Sunday, July 7.

At the time, police said the death appeared to be accidental.

"Decedent came in contact with electrical box with exposed live electrical power source," says the certificate, on file in the Scott County Recorder's Office.

Her address is listed as Roseville, Illinois. Russell, who leaves behind a son, is buried in Roseville Memorial Park Cemetery.

She had stayed in the Quad-Cities to attend Capri College, according to her roommate.

0
0
0
3
0

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Film critic/reporter since 1985 at Quad-City Times. Society of Professional Journalists, Broadcast Film Critics Association and Alliance of Women Film Journalists member. Member of St. Mark Lutheran Church.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News