Eastern Iowa Community Colleges will host its annual free Women in Information Technology Conference from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. April 20 at its Urban Campus, 101 W. 3rd St., downtown Davenport.
Registration is required. To register, visit www.eicc.edu/wit
Keynote speaker will be Laurie Johnson, senior learning and development manager at MRA. Her presentation, “Emotional Intelligence or Hot Mess? You Choose!” will explore the necessary skills to understand and use emotion constructively in the workplace.
Johnson has management experience in business information systems, human resources, industrial relations, organizational development, training and development, management coaching, mediation and communication disciplines.
Among the conference sessions during the day will be:
• Chasing Unicorns: Recognition and Team Building in the Real World
• User Experience Jobs: Never Stop Never Stopping
• Tech Compensation Trends, Negotiation and Career Tips for Women
• Your Computer vs. Your Body
• Data Analysis & Big Data: From Penalties to Patients
• Occulus, Hololens, Vive… Oh My! Getting Hands-on with Virtual and Augmented Reality
For more information, visit www.eicc.edu/wit or call 1-888-336-3907.