Try 1 month for 99¢

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) — A steam leak at a University of Northern Iowa dining hall has killed a maintenance worker.

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports the employee died Monday morning while working on malfunctioning equipment at the Rialto dining center on the Cedar Falls campus.

University spokesman Aaron Clingingsmith says 61-year-old Kevin J. Bley died from injuries he received while testing a steam distribution service, which heats water for the center's dining service. The dining hall had been closed since last week because of problems and was being brought back online.

No one else was injured.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

———

Information from: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, http://www.wcfcourier.com

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

0
0
0
1
1