The Xtream Rock Island Grand Prix powered by Mediacom, the world’s largest professional go-kart street race, is celebrating its 25th anniversary, making it a truly historic and elite weekend in the Quad-Cities and in motorsports.
We are taking advantage of this anniversary, Aug. 31-Sept. 1, to review the festival weekend with hopes it will continue to be bigger and better. Would readers and their friends like to get involved? There are many opportunities.
• Our organization is a great opportunity for race fans who would love to be involved in NASCAR or IndyCar but don’t have the connections. It’s a chance to get out of the house and give back to the community.
• Or volunteer to help on race weekend with track construction or administration. Want to be in the thick of things? Our volunteer on-track corner marshals face a physical challenge but have the best seat for thrilling, high-speed racing. There are opportunities for organizations to provide set-up manpower in exchange for financial contributions.
• We want partners to add new elements like our nightly concerts and the popular Sunday Car Show. How can your group or business benefit?
• Companies can benefit as sponsors and gain public exposure, employee team building or VIP hospitality opportunities while supporting the community.
• We also have space for groups, organizations and businesses to set up booths to take advantage of the thousands of people we bring to the downtown.